HHS Student Eligibility
North Alabama High School Swim League
AHSAA website - www.ahsaa.com
AHSAA website - Swimming & Diving
2017 AHSAA Sports Book
1. The swimming and diving program consists of two divisions: 1A-5A and 6A-7A for boys and two divisions for girls with competition in sectional and state meets.
2. Swimming competitions require students to meet qualifying standards in order to participate in the Sectional Meet. There are no qualifying standards for diving and swimming relays for the sectional meet. In order to participate at the State Meet, students will qualify by finishing in the top three at each Sectional Meet or by meeting qualifying standards at the Sectional Meet.
3. State meet: Diving competition consists of five voluntary dives and six optional dives. The five voluntary dives shall come from each of the five groups with their assigned degree of difficulty having a sum total of 10.0 or less. The six optional dives shall include at least one from each of the five groups. No more than one optional dive from the same group is permitted through the semifinals. All five groups must be represented in the first eight rounds.
4. Each high school is limited to eight meets prior to the sectional and state meets.
5. All participants must be eligible under AHSAA rules. Only high school varsity teams and individuals representing high schools are eligible for the state meet.
6. All high school meets will be conducted under National Federation rules.
7. All participants in any meet must be accompanied by a certified coach from their school.
8. Schools that fail to participate in sectional or state meet after submitting entry forms are subject to a monetary fine.
Specific 2017 changes can be found at:
Each team may enter 4 individuals per event
Each team may enter 1 relay but may enter more if lanes are available
Only two places will be scored in the individuals events and one place scored in relays
A person may enter 2 individuals events and 2 relay events
Boys and Girls will be scored separately to determine champions.